Machine Control for Backhoe Excavator Dredges
How It Works
Features and Benefits
Trimble Marine Construction systems are flexible, high-performance positioning systems that meet the unique needs of marine construction on both simple and complex projects.
The operator and tug captain have a real-time overview of the excavator and barge in plan and profile views. Displays include the outline of the excavator body, boom, stick and bucket as well as the barge in real-time against the surveyed and design surfaces.
- Dredge tolerance visualization provides guidance for accurate, efficient dredging productivity
- Robust and reliable solutions maximize uptime
- Integrated dredge and surveying functions in one package
- Import or build project design and survey models in the office or field for operations
- Bucket tolerance visualization provides guidance for accurate, efficient dredging productivity
Real-Time Visualization and Monitoring
Bucket position relative to design is constantly tracked and displayed. A color-coded Digital Terrain Model (DTM) highlights the high and low spots relative to design. The DTM is updated in real-time from the position of the bucket teeth and the bucket width to track the progress of the dredging work. The update is immediately visible in the plan and profile views. 3D design capabilities and functionalities support the use of complex designs.
- Continuous data logging for as-building and volume reports
- Precise RTK can be used for precise tide and heave measurement
Multiple monitors with independent layouts can be tailored to the needs of the dredge operator. The surface Digital Terrain Model (DTM) is updated in real-time registering the progress of the dredging work showing depth, differential and production models all updated according to the progress of the bucket.
- Administrator can configure the screens for a specific workflow/user and lock it down for the operator
- Create machine or vessel shapes or import models from CAD software, including the 3D modeling tool SketchUp
Sonar imaging for underwater visualization
Add eyes below the water with Teledyne Marine sonars for real-time data visualization.
Cumulative Production Calculation
This calculation and reporting feature helps monitor progress so your operators can focus on the task at hand and allow the software to report progress by runline, operator or job. This also makes it easy for project managers who are remote to see accurate progress.
Trimble Marine Construction systems support a range of excavator tools, including standard and tilting buckets, clamshell / grab, suction and hammer attachments.
- Diking mode facilitates material placement operations
Meet Our Customers
Learn how customers around the globe are using Trimble technology to be more efficient and profitable.